Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yesterday's Check-up

I went to the doctor again yesterday for another check-up. I had to have another sonogram to measure the baby because I'm measuring small. We got good news that the baby is in the 43rd percentile, so a tiny bit smaller than average, but well within the range of normal! He weighs 1 lb, 12 oz. Also found out today that I do not have gestational diabetes. The Dr. was a little concerned that I might because I had a high amount of glucose in my blood last visit.

We got another profile picture of the baby, but were disappointed that we weren't able to get a 3D image. The baby had his hands in front of his face the whole time! They did find something that could possibly indicate an abnormality, so I'm scheduled to have another sonogram in 3 weeks. Maybe we'll get our picture then! I'm not freaked out at all about the possible abnormality. The doctor seemed to be very confident that it was probably nothing, so I'm not going to worry myself to death over the next three weeks.


Here's our latest picture:



2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be just fine and stress isn't good for the baby or you. I think if the doc was really worried, they wouldn't have you wait 3 weeks, so that should be a little assuring. Take care and enjoy the ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for being so calm and trusting your instincts! I"m sure all is well and I agree with Elaine that if he was really concerned he would have you come in immediately and not wait 3 weeks. He's a cute little booger! And does it surprise you he's a tiny thing? I mean, hello? He's a West boy for goodness sakes; heftiness just isn't in his genes! Are you having any showers? I would love to help with one or host one for you!

    ReplyDelete