Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Porter Is One Week Old!!

It has certainly been an eventful week! I was crazy to think that I could post on the same day that I delivered... ha ha! I could have posted sooner, but I came down with a nasty stomach virus after returning home from the hospital. It was awful being sick with a newborn, but I had wonderful help from my mom and Laramie.

The delivery went very smoothly. The induction really got me going and I was in active labor only for about 7 hours (I think... it's all a little fuzzy)! He was born at 2:44 pm on Wednesday, 7/8/09, and weighed 6 lbs, 14 oz, and measured 20.5 inches long.

Our first night home from the hospital was very hard, but he's been a perfect angel since. He really is a good baby! He fusses very little and sleeps and feeds very well.

Here is a link to some pictures of the delivery:


Here are some pictures taken this morning:




2 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet :) It'll get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like his daddy! I've been "patiently" waiting for a blog update and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! What a yucky way to come home from the hospital! I can't wait to meet the newest little WEST!

    ReplyDelete